[mythtv-users] Question about nforce2 MB

Philip J. Morrison, Jr. pjmorr at intrasection.com
Wed Jan 28 13:37:15 EST 2004

I saw a great deal of people building mythtv boxes use nforce2 motherboards
so I bought one along with an AMD Athlon XP2400+ Processor Thoroughbred
Core.

While building my mythtv box I encountered so many errors I actually
reverted to Windows XP for a moment to check out some performance issues.
XP shows the processor as AMD 1800+ 1.4Ghz instead of the 2400+ 2Ghz!!!
Could they have sent me the wrong chip or should I check some jumpers on the
motherboard?

I am going to take the chip out when I get home today and eyeball the
processor to make sure but I figured I would post the question to the group
to see if anyone has heard of this problem before..

---
Phil