[mythtv-users] Another Idea for Myth

Preston Crow pc-mythtv at crowcastle.net
Wed Jan 28 11:34:38 EST 2004

My impression is that as long as a new module doesn't require major
changes to the main project, everyone will be happy with it.  Now the
only issue is learning how to write it or inspiring someone else to do
so.

The module I've wanted is MythMail.  My idea would be to configure any
number of email accounts, and when you select Mail from the main menu,
it would display one icon for each account.  Under each icon would be
the number of messages in the inbox (both new and total), or a question
mark if it can't tell (perhaps the password wasn't saved).  Ideally, you
would then be able to select an account, and it would launch a mail
client (configured on a per-account basis).

And I think someone once mentioned wanting a MythPhone module to act as
an answering machine if you have a good voice modem.

Too many ideas, not enough time.

--PC