[mythtv-users] SN41G2 - notsogood for Myth

Edwin Chang Edwin_Chang at brown.edu
Wed Jan 28 09:23:09 EST 2004

I got the Shuttle SN41G2 planning on using it with myth but it's been giving me a lot of problems, so beware! First, for some reason I couldn't get the nvidia nForce ethernet drivers to recompile after switching to an AT kernel following Jarod's guide (kept getting unresolved errors). Somehow though, it started working with the new kernel one day - I'm still not sure what I did. I'm not complaining :)

But the bigger problem is that the line-in on the Shuttle does not work - it's supposed to be a dual connector that can do either line-in or rear speakers-out, but it's not (this is an issue for all SN41G2's). My leadtek tv2000xp deluxe doesn't do btaudio, nor does it have an internal connector so I'm going to have to try to hack together a 3.5mm line from outside the case from the leadtek to a mpc cd-in line to inside on the motherboard. I'm not sure if that'll work, we'll see...

So the SN41G2 looks good for myth at first (it is a great-looking case), but there are other issues with it... then again, this may be a reason I *have to* get a PVR-250. :)