[mythtv-users] Excellent quality TVOUT from almost any video card

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 26 23:42:30 EST 2004

Quoting papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu:

> 	Hello all.  I just figured I'd let everyone know that I've almost
> succeeded in my quest to make "perfect" tvout... without a tvout-capable
> video
> card.  I finished my VGA-Composite/SVIDEO converter board which uses an AD724
>
> chip to do the conversion... The results are stunning.
Where did you source the 724?  Neither Digi-Key nor Future-Active seem to carry it.

I've never had good luck getting samples or ordering in small quantities
directly from ADI.  ADI is not the most hobbyist-friendly (Better than some
companies, but not nearly as good as TI or National.  I LOVE NATSEMI!!! :)

Hmm.  I should see if NatSemi has a similar IC.  :)