[mythtv-users] Frontend "Couldn't find Xv support" problem with PVR 350 TV out

Jason G. sredni.vashtar at comcast.net
Mon Jan 26 13:29:11 EST 2004

Hi David,

> Are you sure your recordings are mpeg2?  If so, please add some
> debugging in IvtvDecoder::CanHandle to see why Myth is not trying to
> use the 350 output.

Yes, they are mpeg2 files, but what isn't clear is if I recorded them
with -PS or -TS.  Since I've been working on trying to get the system setup,
I've been playing with many settings that I shouldn't be.  (I've realized
the error of my ways and decided to never change from the mpeg2-ps format,
though.)

I'll try inserting some debugging at lunch today and report what I find.

I did dig around in the code yesterday a bit, and sent a note to mythtv-dev
on the subject (it's waiting for moderation approval).  Bascially, I found
that if I set forceVideoOutput to kVideoOut_IVTV in
NuppelVideoPlayer::NuppelVideoPlayer(ldb,info), I could watch most of the
programs that were recorded.  I'm betting that CanHandle is the source of
the problem, though, so I'll definitely see what's going on there.

Given my problems with MPEG2-TS encodings, is this format something that
Myth/Ivtv should be able to decode?

Thanks,
Jason