[mythtv-users] Mythweather in Australia

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Mon Jan 26 08:17:28 EST 2004

Hi all,

I've got Mythweather 0.13 running and like it. I'm in Australia and I
think it's getting the weather from msnbc.com no matter where you are.

That works but their weather for Australia is a bit out of date. Our
government forecaster has up to date information readily available on
their web site and it would be great to use that.

Ideally, mythweather could support per-country plug-ins much as xmltv
uses tv_grab_* to get local TV guide data. weather_grab_au would go to
www.bom.gov.au, weather_grab_other could hit msnbc.com, etc.

Just a few thoughts. I haven't looked at the code so I don't know how
feasible this is. And I'm not criticising - mythweather looks great
already!

Cheers

Hamish