[mythtv-users] PVR350: tv-in, but no audio-in?

Hanno 'Rince' Wagner wagner at rince.de
Sun Jan 25 16:40:28 EST 2004

Hello,

IvanK. schrieb am 25. Januar 2004:

> have a look at this entry from the FAQ:
>
> http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-view_faq.php?faqId=1#q18
>
> Did this help?

No, unfortunately not. I already set the format to PAL, and the
audio input- and output-devices I checked all combinations, but no
success unfortunately.

> Also, when you report a problem it is useful to mention some specifics:
> soundcard, also/oss, distribution, etc.

Sorry, that was my mistake.

I am using the AC97 soundcard-on-motherboard of the Epia VIA MII
10000-Motherboard. I am using the alsa-drivers, debian-based,
linux-2.4.24 kernel, my Capture Card is a PVR 350.

I already told alsamixer not to mute anything, so I also can say
that this shouldn't be the problem.

I tried to find out wether I have sound on two outputs: the
PVR-Output via the Cinch-Connectors (going to my tuner)
and on my headphone:
./test_ioctl -v input=(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8),output=1
./test_ioctl -v input=(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8),output=2

(which means: I tried input=1,output=1 for 10 seconds, then
input=2,output=1 and so on)

I already checked wether sound in general works; mpg123 can play
mp3-files on my headphone without any problems.

Since I get a good picture on the TV, I guess the signal is strong
enough to have at least some sound. But I can not hear anything
unfortunately.

Ciao, Hanno
--
|  Hanno Wagner  | Member of the HTML Writers Guild  | Rince at IRC      |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung meiner Email-Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |