[mythtv-users] Static during test capture... ARG!

Damon dwanamak at rogers.com
Sun Jan 25 13:34:00 EST 2004

I still haven't been able to figure out this problem and its driving me
completely mental

Using the following settings with my Pundit and PVR 350 card, and Jarod's
install guide I get static picture and audio (during testing with cat
/dev/video0 > /tmp/test_capture.mpg), though faint remnants can be seen.
When removing my cable from the tuner card, I no longer see these picture
fragments.  Can anyone point me towards where I am going wrong?  I have
tested the cable and tuner card and both work outside the Myth box.

I really hope you can help.

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 mpg_buffers=90
options ivtv dec_yuv_buffers=20
options saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=0 # options tuner type=2 #
NTSC tuner
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner
add above ivtv ivtv-fb

Test setup

# /usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -u 0xff
# /usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -p 4
# /usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -f width=720,height=576
# /usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -v input=2,output=1

Thanks in advance.

Damon.