[mythtv-users] DVD rip no jobs error

David Newman dnewman at networktest.com
Sun Jan 25 00:41:02 EST 2004

With MythTV 0.13 I'm getting a "no jobs" error message when trying to RIP
DVDs.

I searched the mailing lists and found two references:

1. Disable automounting. Done. I run kde and have deleted the
~/.kde/Autorun.desktop and rebooted.

2. Make sure the user running mythfronted (mythtv in my case) has write
access to the DVD temp storage directory (I changed it to /tmp) and the
MythVideo directory (/var/lib/mythvideo). I've set the permissions to 777 in
both cases.

But when I choose rip dvd, I still get this error:

"No Jobs. Checking and/or waiting for DVD."

There's nothing in /var/log/messages indicating a problem with the DVD
drive, and it plays DVDs fine under mythtv.

How can I rip DVDs using mythtv?

I'm running 0.13 on Fedora using Jarod Wilson's guide and Axel's rpms.

System: Shuttle SK41
CPU: Athlon 2400
RAM: 512 Mbytes
TV card: AverTV (BT878)