[mythtv-users] PVR-250 DirecTV

Owen - lists olists at thebrands.org
Sat Jan 24 18:49:36 EST 2004

> To use a PVR250 with DirecTV you either hook up an SVideo out from the
> DTV box to it or coax from the DTV box and set the PVR250's tuner to
> channel 3.. There is no way to remove the DTV box from the loop since
> DTV streams are encrypted.

Once the PVR 250 is set to channel 3 how do you change channels in
Directv other than using the Directv remote since this bypasses the
guide function of MythTV? Is this dependent upon using the serial cable
connection to the low speed data port or can I control it via MythTV and
keyboard until I get around to the data port cable?