[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-250 invisible on BP6

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sat Jan 24 15:10:50 EST 2004

	OK... I got a good one for whomever cares.  I just got my OEM PVR-250
in the mail yesterday from ebay.  I've been trying to put in my previously
functional mythtv backend/frontend on a dual Celeron 300A->450 Abit BP6 (440bx
chipset).  The bttv card I had in it before of course needed to have reduced
quality for watchable livetv (although having two 450s does help a lot)

	Anyway, I stuffed in the Hauppauge, fried up the drivers, the ivtv
module wouldn't load.  Upon further examination with lspci, the board ISN'T
THERE!  Nothing like:
05:0d.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc: (an example
from google).

	Thinking the card was bad, I tried it in another win2k machine.
Drivers loaded, wintv running, worked fine.  I put the card in another linux
box, lspci finds it just fine (haven't tried ivtv drivers in it yet)

	I've gutted the machine of PCI/AGP cards, and tried numerous slot
rearrangementes between different vid cards and PVR-250, different kernels from
the stock redhat9 non-smp and smp, and my 2.4.23 smp, etc.  I've been tweaking
through bios settings as well.  So far, it's never seen it.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?
-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*