[mythtv-users] Playback acceleration

Kevin Kuphal kevin.kuphal at myrealbox.com
Fri Jan 23 21:21:46 EST 2004

> > I have a question regarding playback.  My current MythTV
> > setup uses a WinTV
> > 401 card for capture and I'm outputting via VGA from my
> > Voodoo 5500 AGP card to my TV using a VGA to NTSC converter
> > that works much better for my rear projection TV than any
> > TV-OUT I've found.
> >

> What model/brand are you using? I'm considering this route because I
> cannot find a tv-out worthwhile.

It's a TView Micro
http://www.focusinfo.com/products/micro/tview_micro.htm

I think they retail for about $100 but compared to the TV out quality I was
getting from my ATI, it was well worth it.  It scales whatever resolution I
want to the TV.  I operate mostly at 800x600 and it looks perfect on the
screen, even the rear projection TV.  No wavy lines, no weirdness at all.

Kevin