A free source for UK listings (was: Re: [mythtv-users] UK Listings - No Joy From Digiguide)

Sam Woodward smarthome at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jan 23 18:33:04 EST 2004

> Ed Avis is working on a solution - I think, considering that we have
> all been benefiting from his XMLTV software, that we should include
> him in our discussions - in fact, there is a mailing list for XMLTV -
> http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=39046 - I personally think that
> the this discussion should probably be held in conjunction with the
> xmltv folks.

Absolutely - I agree entirely. I'm pretty new to this forum, so there
will no doubt be a lot of people who should be included if we found
that we had to persue John Knottenbelt's idea of forming a
company.

I'm just saying that if it turns out that the only long-term source of
the data that we need is via a corporate approach to
BroadcastingData then that need not be an insurmountable hurdle
and whilst it's obviously too early to tell what we may or may not
need to do it's not necessary to rule out this option. Whilst I do not
have the technical expertise I am willing to offer what I can to the
community, and if the remaining legal shell of my old company
structure can help then I'm happy to talk further if approproate to
see what could be acheived.

Sam W.