[mythtv-users] Static during test capture - PVR 350/Pundit/FC1/Jarods Guide

Damon dwanamak at rogers.com
Fri Jan 23 11:02:23 EST 2004

Hello All,

I hope someone can help, I have been banging my head against the wall with
this problem and I would appreciate some guidance

I am using the following.
Hardware:
Asus Pundit Case/Mobo
Pentium Celeron 2.4mhz
512MB DDR 333
Maxtor 200GB HDD Ata133
Hauppauge PVR 350 Tv Card

Software Setup:
- Using Jarod's guide in every detail to setup Myth 0.13 using FC1
- Kernel 2.4.22-1.2140.nptl_30.rhfc1.at

Problem:

When I get to the portion of Jarod's setup that has you do a test capture
(cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test_capture.mpg), my resulting output is static for
both picture and audio, with faint outlines of the channel and some barely
recognizable audio.  I continued on and setup myth.  When running myth I can
only muster a black screen.
I tried the other -p settings (0to5) and had only luck (luck being static)
with 4.  Can anyone advise what I may be doing wrong?  Do I need different
Hauppauge drivers? Bad Config?

My wiring setup is basically taking the cable from the wall and plugging it
directly to the Coax in on the Hauppauge card.

Please help if you can.  I will post below the output of one of the
troubleshooting commands I see requested from people asking questions on the
list.  If you need any more output listings let me know...

Question 2:
Using this setup (Cable to PVR 350 Coax in), should I be selecting Tuner0 in
the myth setup (As opposed to compositeX or svideoX)

/usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -a | more
ioctl: IVTV_IOC_G_CODEC
Codec parameters
aspect      : 2