[mythtv-users] scheduling priority inversion...show me what a record will do!

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Fri Jan 23 00:48:09 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 21:26, Bruce Markey wrote:
> With a single tuner scheduler it may be that simple but
> with multiple tuners, it may have to re-run the scheduler
> to determine what might actually be excluded if the new
> show was added. Overlapping shows of different lengths
> may fit together in another order so either it would have
> to make a 'what-if' run or you could add it and see the
> result. I think the latter is more practical.

I'd be inclined to agree.  But why not split the difference?  If there's
an immediate conflict (which can cause a cascade of conflicts forcing
the scheduler to run) why not pop up a dialog either advising that the
conflict page should be visited or offering to take you there?

> One other point about 'remember'. With other systems, the
> scheduled recordings are on one page and the noRecords are
> on another. To find out if you are missing something you
> need to look for it on the other page, remember what it is
> and when then go back to the schedule page and figure out
> what you want.

True.  It is much easier to see what will and won't be recorded at the
same time...

	-I
--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME