[mythtv-users] RE: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 103

David Jeske jeske at chat.net
Thu Jan 22 22:25:17 EST 2004

-- Malcolm wrote:
>>> I patched my installation to do exactly this behavior --
>>> if you choose live tv and it's recording something, it simply
>>> starts to playback whatever is being recorded. I never
>>> submitted it as an official patch because Isaac was
>>> clear that he didn't like that behavior (email of August 6,
>>> 2003). I can send it to you if you like, though it's a pretty
>>> trivial change.

For reference:

http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-August/011464.html

http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-August/011476.html

> I like that behavior a lot. How about if it did an OSD stating
> you are watching a recording in progress and the channel
> can't be changed or something of that nature?

I think the proposal that Isaac made long ago was a great one.
Instead of a screen which just says "sorry", it can list each
in-progress recording, with an additional option to go to the
watch-recordings screen. It might also have an option to surf the
program guide.

I'm sure Isaac is still waiting for the patch. :)