[mythtv-users] video skips

Scott Elliott selliott at insight.rr.com
Thu Jan 22 18:40:09 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 22:58, Bill Warner wrote:
> I seem to be getting an almost regular skip in about every 7-10 seconds
> where it plays about 2 seconds of video twice and skips over 2 seconds.
> so an example would be if in a tv show someone was saying "Hi, George,
> how have you been today."  the sound and video would skip so it would
> say "Hi, George, how have you been..you been."  This seems to be in the
> recording because it does it at the same spots every time a show is
> played.
>
> I do seem to get these bttv errors quite regularly but can't seem to
> find any information on them:
> bttv0: skipped frame. no signal? high irq latency?
> bttv0: SCERR @ 37185000,bits: HSYNC OFLOW FBUS SCERR*
>
> this is my hardware setup should be more than enough
>
> Dual Athlon XP 2000
> 1 Gig ram
> nvidia GForce4ti
>
> software:
> bttv: driver version 0.9.12 loaded
> bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
> bttv0: using: Hauppauge (bt878) [card=10,autodetected]
> bttv0: Hauppauge/Voodoo msp34xx: reset line init [5]
> bttv0: Hauppauge eeprom: model=61381, tuner=Philips FM1236 (2),
> radio=yes
> bttv0: i2c: checking for MSP34xx @ 0x80... found
>
> kernel 2.6.1 (same happend on 2.4.21 thru 24 and 2.6.0)
> Debian unstable with latest mythtv packages from:
> deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv
>
> Any ideas would be great.  I have a feeling that there is a
> configuration for my capture card or something that I need to do.

Funny, I had the same problem (although not every 7-10 seconds, maybe
every couple of minutes) until I upgraded to 2.6.1 with ALSA 1.0.1.
Maybe it's because ALSA now has a btaudio driver (snd-bt87x).  I always
figured it was some bus contention issue, maybe because of the
motherboard I have (ASUS A7N266VM, nforce based).  I'm running two
Hauppauge WinTV Stereo cards now without any problems.

--
Scott Elliott <selliott at insight.rr.com>