[mythtv-users] What do you do with your Myth box?

Jon jgregor at hotpop.com
Thu Jan 22 16:57:35 EST 2004

Ah pretty cool thread, lots of neat ideas.  First off I'm using a
pundit, celeron 2ghz, 160gb hd, 256megs of ram, pvr250,  hooked up via
svideo to a 32inch sony hdtv, my input is regular digital cable from
time warner via scientific atlanta 2100+homebrew ir blaster.  I use a
sony learning remote to learn the functions from my pvr250 grey remote,
and i use the pvr250 ir receiver.  I use livetv/timeshifting, weather
occasionally, i do have pictures in the gallery but really its only for
when family is over or whatever, i never look myself.  and I use
mythvideo pretty often,  I do use mythdvd for ripping, but standalone
for playing.  I use mythvideo alot for tvrips, dvdrips, anime, and
whatever else i can find.  I run both frontend and backend off that box
right now, and I'll occasionally pull up a frontend on my desktop
(gentoo) in the other room to fire up live tv, or watch a recording
while i'm doing something else.  I would also use mythgame i suspect, as
I play alot of games but right now I have a seperate computer hooked up
to the tv for that, because of the lack of 3d card in the pundit.  I
have some plans for the future, but we're trying to wait till we move
into the new house (this summer) before i do any major projects, I've
been thinking about maybe starting up a plugin, that would allow you to
check out movie trailers from apple.com/quicktime which i'd probably use
to decide what movie we wanted to go out and see. But i'm not sure if
i'm going to start that soon or not.  Eventually I'd probably want more
space, and maybe a 2nd frontend, but I'm not in any rush.
-Jon