[mythtv-users] looks like ananova pulled the plug on tv_grab_uk

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Thu Jan 22 11:50:35 EST 2004

Wouter Lagerweij wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 16:24, John Knottenbelt wrote:
>

>>It seems to me that this kind of thing would be ideal for a bittorrent seed?
>>Does anybody know whether redistribution of the EPG is allowed?
>>

>I'm not sure. I don't think so.
>
>I do know that for the tv_grab_nl, there's a separate tv_grab_nl_wolf
>version, which grabs the completed xml file from a website, which
>someone automatically updates from the regular tv_grab_nl.
>
>Wouter

Just a thought....

If the data comes from webpages - then it is cached all over the place -
and if it is cached all over the place, then surely we could provide a
cache in xml format?  All we need to do is make the cache available to
other mythtv users.......  They may even thank us, as we wouldn't be
ripping their site to shreads anymore!