[mythtv-users] mplayer & blue screen

Mike Wood mike at woodsnest.com
Wed Jan 21 20:04:55 EST 2004

Gang,

I've been trying Gentoo for the first time and have been fighting a solid blue screen issue.  I just noticed that I get the blue screen in mplayer just like in myth and mplayer spits out a bunch of stuff before it starts playing...including this:

CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Coppermine,Geyserville (Family: 6, Stepping: 3)
Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
MMX supported but disabled
MMX2 supported but disabled
SSE supported but disabled
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions:

I'm guessing I messed up my Kernel compile?  and that's why MMX etc...is supported but disabled?

Also, I see this message further down....

Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
VDec: vo config request - 352 x 480 (preferred csp: Mpeg PES)
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vop scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [libmpeg2] MPEG 1/2 Video decoder v2.0
libmpeg2: No accelerated IDCT transform found
libmpeg2: No accelerated motion compensation found
VDec: vo config request - 352 x 480 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [xv] 352x480 => 640x480 Planar YV12
Selected video codec: [mpeg12] vfm:libmpeg2 (MPEG 1 or 2 (libmpeg2))

Does any of this shed any light on why I have a blue screen instead of video.

Thanks for Help...I'm a newbie when it comes to this video stuff...especially with Gentoo.

Mike