[mythtv-users] Log files?

Matt Hannan matthew.j.hannan at verizon.net
Wed Jan 21 18:46:17 EST 2004

While lurking the list, I took the advice for someone else having
completely separate issues with MythTV and I ran mythtvsetup -v

I was prompted about my capture card settings, answered yes.
I was prompted about my channel lineup settings, answered yes.
Screen changed to the MythTV background and just hung.

CTRL-ESC brought me back my console where I saw the following messages:

Mythtv: unable to connect to socket
Mythtv: no such file or directory
Failed to create lirc socket for MythTV

This is odd (well, not really) because I am not using a remote yet!!

Any clues?