[mythtv-users] I Had it... For a little while

Kyle Kelly kyle at kylekelly.com
Wed Jan 21 13:19:38 EST 2004

Chance Grissom wrote:

> Ok Here it is.
>
> I just finally set up my myth box 2 days ago.  I tested it, it worked
> fine and I left it alone. Yesterday I started tweaking it trying to
> get the transcoder working full time, it didn't seem to work.
> Watching 'live tv' is not a problem however whenever I have a
> scheduled recording it records the first 19 or so secs of the program
> and stops. Also when I go into 'delete recordings' and try to delete
> the messed up shows it loses connection with the backend.
>
> I really dont know what I did wrong.   I tried tuning off all the
> transcoding options thinking that is what it was but no dice.  (I
> guess that doenst really make sense because it doesnt transcode till
> after the program is finished anyways)   Is there like a reset options
> button or does some know what I did wrong?
>
> I have a PVR 250 running mytv .13
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chance

I can't really help you, but I can confirm that I'm having similar
problems, sometimes, like every 5th or 6th recording it will randomly
stop recording.  It can happen at any time, and I have no real reason as
to why.  It requires me to restart mythbackend for it to start recording
again.

I have:
mythtv-0.13
pvr-350
ivtv-0.1.6
strings ivtv-fw-dec.bin | head -n 1 = Version 2.02.023
strings ivtv-fw.enc.bin | head -n 1 = Version 2.04.211