[mythtv-users] mythtv (watchtv) performance encoding problem?

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Wed Jan 21 08:14:25 EST 2004

Lo there

I've finished another run at improving my Athlon 2.4ghz, Nvidia MX440
live tv video quality.

I've a couple of Nova-T (DVB-T) cards and bags of fast disk space.

Basicly my system is fine (not perfect but pretty good) when I playback
recorded programs (through mythfrontend) I get very good results (much
better than a standard PAL-VCR). But as soon as I try to "watch live tv"
I get no end of lines when either the camera pans or things move.

Now I've compiled mythtv with XVmc support and I've tested everything
with xine (it has built in dvb support (includes pausing live tv etc.))
and the picture/audio quality is great I have no problems.

Interestingly I get the same problems from the live video from dvbstream
and mplayer as I see in mythtv so maybe its an encoding problem.

Any ideas?

Regards
Simon