[mythtv-users] ivtv setup question

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 20 22:59:48 EST 2004

Kyle Rose wrote:

> Yeah, it would be nice to have channel-global modifiers/multipliers on
>
>a per-frontend basis, so one could specify the general
>brightness/tint/contrast of a display.  But you know what?  That's
>what Xv is for, so I'm less inclined to pound on the lack of this
>feature.

Unless, of course, you have a card that at the default setting produces
a picture so bright (or so dark, etc) that the picture information is
permantly lost and can't be restored at playback time.  In that case, it
is very imporant to adjust the card at record-time.  I've got a bttv
card like that in a drawer somewhere.  The real problem comes when you
have two dissimilar cards that require drastically different brightness
settings.  At that point you're out of luck; chuck one of the cards in a
drawer and buy another one just like the other one.  Frankly, I'd rather
have a per-card bias / adjustment than a global channel adjustment.  A
global channel adjustment might save me a little time but  the lack of a
per-card adjustment has already cost me a hundred bucks, so I'm biased.

:)