[mythtv-users] ivtv setup question

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 20 20:41:34 EST 2004

Uh, no.  I think you missed my point.  MythTV reconfigures the card
before each and every recording based on the information in its channel
database.  Thus, the only way to make a permanent change is to make the
change in the channel database.  Any of those parameters you set via
test_ioctl will be overwritten the first time the card is actually used.
  If you are conversant in mysql, it may be easier for you to make the
change directly into the database rather than by using MythWeb.
Personally, I find the GUI easy to use, but that's just me.