[mythtv-users] problem with setting channels right

Paul Koster mythtv at kosteronline.net
Tue Jan 20 16:35:44 EST 2004

Within the past few weeks I've tried to setup MythTV with a PVR 250. Most of
the items seem to work except selecting the configured channels, e.g. during
live TV. MythTV version is CVS of last weekend. Using tv_grab_nl_wolf I got
some xmltv data, which I inserted into the database using
mythfilldatabase --file ... . After that I assigned a channel number and a
freqid to some channels.

When I go to live tv I get 'snow' or a tv channel if I first tuned the
PVR250 using the test_ioctl tool. When I however try to zap to another
channel it does not work and the following entries are made in the
mythbackend log:
2004-01-20 22:14:11 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(2 Tuner 0 )
in setup is wrong
Error, couldn't find any available channels.
Your database is most likely setup incorrectly.

Some additional info:
Capture cards: [MPEG: /dev/video] (this is the PVR 250 which is connected to
my cable provider)
   default input: tuner 0
Video sources: "upc" (the name of my cable provider)
   freq table: europe-west
Input connections: [MPEG /dev/video0](Tuner 0) -> upc
   capture device: [MPEG: /dev/video0]
   input: Tuner 0
   video source: upc
   ext. ch. change cmd: -
   preset tuner to ch: -
   starting channel: 1
Channel editor: (one entry as example)
   channel name: nederland 1
   channel number: 1
   callsign: ned1
   video source: upc
   rank: 0
  icon: -
   video filters: 0
  xmltv id:nederland1.omroep.nl
   frequency id: R11 (this corresponds to the frequency listed by the
provider matched to the europe-west table)

When I look at the channel settings in mythWeb everyting seems ok with what
I entered, besides that for the channels I provided freqid's for use
sourceid "3" while the rest has "1".

Is there anybody out there who can help me track this problem?

Paul