[mythtv-users] Burning DVDs

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Tue Jan 20 16:25:36 EST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Malcolm wrote:

> I realize Mythtv doesn't have burning ability built right in because of
> legal copyright issues etc. but what can I use to burn DVDs?  Well more

Is this why it's not built right in? What happens if I wanted to use a
camcorder or digital camera as a source to bring in videos or pictures via
firewire and/or usb, and then burn them to CD or DVD? Is that a copyright
violation? I ask that because I was going to look into getting either a
digital camera or firewire digital video camera (or both) and getting a
firewire riser for my Myth box. I was thinking "wow, it'd be cool if myth
could automatically deal with this media and let me grab the contents.",
etc...

So, is that the reason that burning isn't present in myth, or is it
because noone's had time to work on it?
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass