[mythtv-users] no sound with WinTV-D (bt878)

Joshua Pollak pardsbane at offthehill.org
Mon Jan 19 22:47:18 EST 2004

Hello,

I have a Gentoo Linux box with kernel 2.6.0 and a Hauppauge WinTV-D
card. I realize that I will not be getting any digital video captured
any time soon, but I would like to get the analog capture working.

I have been able to get the tuner working for video in xawtv and
mythtv, but I can't seem to get sound to work, either through the loop
back cable, over the bus, or straight through the audio out port on the
card.

I've attached my dmesg output... I did notice that the msp3400 and
tvaudio drivers are loading, but it doesn't look like tvaudio is
finding a chip it likes....

Does anyone have any idea what's up?

-Josh

--