[mythtv-users] More audio issues

Kevin Kuphal kevin.kuphal at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 19 09:12:08 EST 2004

I wrote earlier about the problem I am having getting TV sound to come out
the SPDIF connector on my Yamaha based sound card.  To summarize, I'm using
Alsa and all other system sounds (OSS, aplay, mplayer, etc) come out the
SPDIF connector.  Even MythMusic and MythVideo/DVD work, but MythTV watching
TV, the sound only comes out the speaker jack on the card.

Tonight I complied MythTV from CVS with alsa support and without any
configuration changes, it still does not come out the SPDIF connector.  My
mythfrontend reports that it is using OSS /dev/dsp.  I didn't see any new
options in the audio output section of the setup.  How do I define, with
alsa support compiled in, a target like I do in mplayer of alsa9:spdif or
the like?

Kevin