[mythtv-users] Can I do this?

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Jan 18 13:20:32 EST 2004

I built a "proof of concept" machine using a WinTV card on an Athalon
900MHZ machine. This is not fast enough to encode decode at the same time,
no big suprsie here. I also played around with a seperte front end machine,
and got it working.

So, here is the question. Before I come up with the money for a
"production" amchien, I'd like to optimize what I have. I'm wondering if I
can move recorded programs from teh backend amchine to a frontend machine,
and play them there. If I can do this, i can transfer them when I', not
recording anything, and then I cna watch pre-recorded shows while the
backend machien records new ones.

Can I do this? If so how?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin