[mythtv-users] Thinking about switching to MythTV

Blues Guy bluesguy_1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 19:18:49 EST 2004

> The ivtv driver is not yet perfect, but from what I
> hear from the
> windows world -- and your mail supports this notion,
> it's more stable
> than the Windows driver. Locks for me definitely are
> software, not
> hardware.
>
> There is a race condition in the driver that's still
> not found, but it
> seems they are closing in.

It's defintely getting much better (and quickly!).
I've recently upgraded to Axel's 0.1.9-21 ivtv rpm and
it's very usable.  The 0.1.7 driver was only good (for
me) if I didn't use the framebuffer driver, but with
the 0.1.9, I've got X and the TV running out the
PVR-350, and it works well.  The EPG still makes the
ivtv-fb driver lock up sometimes, and it's apparently
a conflict between the ivtv and the ivtv-fb drivers
from what I can tell, but it's a night and day
difference in stability in just a few short weeks.
Kudos to the ivtv guys!  With the 250's it's been very
stable for quite some time, just the 350's tv-out
that's left to conquer.