[mythtv-users] cx88 and mythTV

Lucas Meijer lucas at mach8.nl
Sat Jan 17 18:42:45 EST 2004

Hey,

I've built my mythtv box, but unfortunattely my tv tuner card isn't
based on the popular 848/878 chipsets, but the 881 chipset.
There seem to be alpha drivers for it here: bytesex.org/cx88

Does anyone know if these work with mythtv? Naturally I'm trying, but
since I'm relativly new to linux everything goes sooooo sloooowly:

I downloaded cx88 source.
extracted it into a folder, and do make.
I get 'sorry you need gcc 3.x'..  ok fair enough.
Since I'm running debian (from knoppmyth), I do:
apt-get install gcc
it runs off, and installs loads of dependencies, things flash by quicker
than I can read them.
it says 'ok'.
I try to compile the driver again, and I get the same complaint: "sorry
you need gcc 3.x"..  When I do apt-get install gcc again, it tells me I
have the latest version already.

Excuse me if this type of question is considered too offtopic for this
list, (please let me know), I'd just love to get this myth thing do at
least something for me :)

Thanks, Lucas