[mythtv-users] Getting "modprobe ivtv-fb" to run at startup

Jason potuncle at enjoyingeugene.com
Sat Jan 17 18:28:09 EST 2004

Phew...I finally got TVOut working on my PVR-350 thanks to Jarod's and
Ivan's How-to's, many of the posts on this list and a bit of my own
ingenuity.

I can sucessfully run "modprobe ivtv-fb", load my edited XF86Config
(based on Ivan's doc), and then restart X and X will be displayed on
the TV.

Now, for something that is probably considered a "dumb" question by
regular Linux users, but how do I get a modprobe to run at startup?
Specifically, I need to run "modprobe ivtv-fb" before X starts,
otherwise I cannot get X and mythfrontend to show on my TV at startup.

Thanks much,

Jason