[mythtv-users] Record past end of show broken? (Reprised)

Steven Bennett sablists at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 16 11:37:15 EST 2004

Hi!

Since nobody answered my main question the last time I posted it, here it is
again (without the system clock issues that several people *did* answer --
thanks...)

I recently changed from MythTV 0.11 to 0.13. (had a hard disk failure -
reinstalled everything from scratch and upgraded in the process...)
Everything is working fine and it's been up continuously since New Years
Eve, except the "Time to record past end of show" in my global settings
never works, no matter what I set it to.  (I keep a 3 minute pre-roll and a
5 minute post-roll in place globally to allow for all kinds of schedule
irregularities and the system clock being out of sync with the broadcaster's
clock...)

The time *before* the show always works, but it never records past the end
of show, even though nothing else is scheduled following it.  It worked fine
with 0.11.

I toyed with the idea of setting my clock back a couple of minutes or so
before the actual time and upping the pre-roll by that amount to compensate,
but the problem with that comes when I have two shows scheduled back to back
-- you'd always lose the start of the second show.  I'd rather chop off the
ends of things than the start, so I dropped that idea.

Anyone know what could be the problem here?  Is the global "Time to record
past end of show" working for others?

-->Steve Bennett