[mythtv-users] Frontend Not Connecting to Backend When Trying to Watch TV

Alfonso Lopez lebouf at cs.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 15 20:02:32 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 06:49, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 15 January 2004 07:44 pm, Alfonso Lopez wrote:
> > Here's my problem, I pray someone knows whats going on.  When I start my
> > backend server I am fed this ouput and only this ouput:
> >
> > lebouf at jacobo lebouf $ mythbackend -v
> > Running as a slave backend.
>
> If that is supposed to be your master frontend, the two IP addresses from the
> first section of the main mythtv setup program don't match.
>
> Isaac

For the record: Those two IP addresses in the General section of the
setup program did match at 127.0.0.1.  I changed them to my outside IP
and it worked!  Not sure why this made a difference as I am working from
the same box.  That notwithstanding, thanks a lot for putting me in the
right direction.  If you live in Austin I'll make you a batch of
brownies for ending 3 days of frustration.  =-D