[mythtv-users] Does ripping DVDs preserve all the features

Stuart Felenstein stuart4m at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 18:58:55 EST 2004

I've ripped a few dvd's , all under Windows, so I can't speak so well about all of the options.  I'm 99.999% sure though that divx will not.  I think legalities prevent the full file structure from being copied.  A backup copy of the movie though I believe is permitted.
I doubt my reply will help, but I'm interested in this as well.

Stuart

"Mark B. Elrod" <elrod at shallowpool.com> wrote:
Hey,

I am looking to get rid of the piles of DVDs around my TV by ripping
them all to HDD. However, I want them to have all the features available
on the disk. When a DVD is played does it work just like a normal DVD -
kind of like having an ISO of the DVD? What about if you choose to use
DivX to save space?

elrod