[mythtv-users] FW: Would I be better off with a PVR250 or a PVR350

David Rees drees at greenhydrant.com
Thu Jan 15 15:05:22 EST 2004

On Thu, January 15, 2004 at 6:53 am, stan wrote:

> Given a system architecture that consists of (at least one) backend that
> is
> primarily a recording machine, with most, if not all of the viewing being
> on other frontend machines. And htta has at least 2, and perhaps 3 capture
> cards, would there be any benefit in using PVR350's over PVR250's ?
>
> Als, I have several existing WinTV cards, can I configure the frontends to
> use these to provide picture in picture of live TV, on the frontends
> themselves?

Sounds like you're going for a very complex setup.  To keep it simple, I
would keep all the tuner cards in the backends and do the viewing on the
dedicated frontends.  If you also plan on watching from one of the
backends, then you could go with a PVR350, but keep in mind that the
TV-OUT support for the PVR350 is still a work in progress and has only
recently gotten stable.

-Dave