[mythtv-users] Re: Recommended Remote Controls?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Jan 15 14:19:37 EST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:47:42 -0500
John F DeLuca <mythtv at johnfdeluca.com> wrote:

> Since I followed Jarod's Fedora Redhat guide, I installed lirc as per > his apt-get commands.  Not sure this was necessary.
> from  http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/#lirc
> # export KERNEL=`uname -r`
> # apt-get install lirc-kmdl-$KERNEL
> # apt-get install lirc
>

> I then needed to get a CVS version as the StreamZap
> from  http://www.lirc.org/cvs.html
> # cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/lirc login
> (press enter when prompted for password)
> # cvs -z8 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/lirc co lirc
>
> I then needed to download the patch for StreamZap
> from
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/szremote/streamzap-0.04.diff?download
>
> I then applied the patch and compiled the driver by following the
> instructions here:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=177518

Since you're compiling and installing from source, you definitely *don't* want to also install the rpms. Having both on your system could lead to problems (wrong version getting executed, apt-get dist-upgrade nuking some of your source-based install stuff, etc).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
	http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/