[mythtv-users] Back/Exit (escape) not working from remote

Jeff jeff at intersystems.com
Thu Jan 15 09:58:41 EST 2004

I have everything working except for one thing, I can't get
MythTV to recognize an <escape> from the remote control.

Testing with irw and ircat I get (for button presses):
    irw displays "Back/Exit" (hauppauge_pvr)
    ircat --config=/home/mythtv/.lircrc irxevent
	displays "Key Escape CurrentWindow"

Just pressing the button pastes a ` into my terminal window.

Nothing happens when I'm running mythfrontend. If I press the
ESC key on the keyboard, I back up one level as I'd expect.

Everything else on the remote works fine.

This is with:
	2.4.23 kernel
	mythtv-0.13
	lirc-0.7.0pre2 (patched with the i2c 2.8.0 patch)
	PVR-250 card (grey remote)

I'm not using Myth built-in lirc support at the moment. I tried that
first but I couldn't get the remote to work at all without irxevent. I'm
rebuilding again with lirc support enabled.