[mythtv-users] No Video but Sound is fine ?

Mike Wood mike at woodsnest.com
Thu Jan 15 09:26:43 EST 2004

Hey Gang,  I'm experimenting with Gentoo for the first time ... trying to use it to set up a second Myth frontend machine.  Its attached to only a monitor in the office and when I go to watch live TV, or watch a previously recorded show, I get sound but the screen just goes to a solid blue.

Like I said, I'm running Gentoo and I'm using the on-board i810 intel video.  The log messages from Myth all look perfectly normal, Xv is working, etc...So I'm not sure what I'm missing.  I'm running Myth from CVS.  The Gentoo machine has CVS from just a couple days ago....but the Backend machine is coming up on 2 weeks old now.  I know in a perfect world they should match, I just haven't had the time to update everything.  I wouldn't think that would cause my video issue, but could that be it?  I already have 2 other boxes running Myth without issue (both using RH9), but with RH dropping support I was starting to experiment with alternatives.  I've liked Gentoo a lot so far, but I need to get this issue cleaned up.  Anybody seen this before?

TIA,
Mike