[mythtv-users] nVidia tv-out quality improvement

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Thu Jan 15 02:43:42 EST 2004

Steve Davies wrote:
[mega snip]
> FYI, I am currently running my TV out at 800x600 at 50Hz, and capture using
> DVB-T. My experiments showed some pretty good results. The colour balance
> is a bit poor, and I cannot use the newest Nvidia X driver (which has
> tools to correct this AFAIK) because it panics my kernel :-(

Interesting, yes oddly enough running at 50hz does reduce flicker on
horizontal lines..  I'll run some quality checks in due course as I
appear to have another quality problem reoccuring..

> Oh, I just realised. I am probably benefitting from using a 16:9
> television - This means that the vertical image is virtually un-scaled,
> regardless of the aspect ratio of the source stream, only the horizontal
> size will be modified.

I seem to remember a mythtv config screen to select the screen ratio, do
you remember where it is?. I am also running on a 16:9(widescreen tv)..

Ta
Simon

--
I'd rather be led to hell than managed to heavan.