[mythtv-users] PVR-250: Vertical green bands in recording

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Wed Jan 14 18:13:37 EST 2004

Andy Grundman wrote:

> Douglas Beck wrote:
>

>> Hey, Andy.  I have this problem when my card switches to 720x480
>> spontaneously from 640x480.  I just make sure I'm not watching live tv
>> or recording anything and issue this command:
>>
>> # /usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -f width=640,height=480
>>
>> If you're running PAL you're going to have a different vertical res.
>>
>> Doug
>

> Interesting.  I switched to 640x480 and the problem persisted.  It was
> still there when I switched back to 720x480 too. :(  I am going to try
> disconnecting the cable and rebooting.  I had the cable guy over
> yesterday to install a new PVR box and he had to disconnect the cable
> outside for a few seconds.  I think the problem might have started after
> that... maybe it confused the card somewhat.  I have loaded and unloaded
> the module several times since then though, so it's a longshot.

Wow, that actually worked!  I unplugged the cable, rebooted, then
plugged it back in.  The video looks great now.  I have my cable split
and one feed goes to my cable box and the other to Myth.  When I unplug
the cable from my computer it affects the picture on the cable box, so
there must be some kind of interference on the line.  When the cable box
was unplugged yesterday I think that interference messed up the card.
As long as both boxes are plugged in there are no problems, though.