[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend crashes if I let it run all night...

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Wed Jan 14 14:37:08 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Rees" <drees at greenhydrant.com>

> Malcolm wrote, On 1/14/2004 8:26 AM:
>
> > I've just got my myth box working with 1 PVR-250 and I'm running
> > mythfrontend on the monitor.
> >
> > Two nights ago I decided to let it run over night and see what happens.
In
> > the morning it was still running so I pressed "I" to see what channel it
was
> > on and the screen went black and my monitor to sleep.  ctrl alt
backspace,
> > ctrl alt F1 etc. didn't do anything.  I ssh'd into the box and typed
> > "reboot".  Nothing happened.  I did "kill <pid of mythfrontend>" then
"kill
> > <pid of mythbackend> and it showed as <defunct> so I had to "kill -9
<pid of
> > mythbackend>" then I had to "kill -9 <pid of X>" and only then did the
box
> > reboot.
>
> Couple things:
>
> 1. Try the latest ivtv driver. (0.1.9)
> 2. Does dmesg or /var/log/messages say anything?
>
> -Dave

I was about to respond and say 0.17 is the latest because it sure was this
weekend when I built my box but I just checked the site and 0.19 is there.
I'll give that a shot tonight.

I did notices this in my /var/log/messages

Jan 14 01:15:18 localhost kernel: ivtv: Got DMA-done, but not expecting one

Not sure what that means or if that would be an issue?  It shows up in
/var/log/messages every so often.

Thanks
Malcolm