[mythtv-users] Recommended Remote Controls?

Paul Thompson captbunzo at squirrelmail.org
Wed Jan 14 14:26:41 EST 2004

Here's my two cents on the remote control topic. I picked this up at
Radio Shack about a year ago after seeing it at a friends house. It is a
very smart remote and is very flexible, as far as the programming is
concerned.

   http://captbunzo.org/L16

Plus the weight and feel of it is awesome. Rather then the hard plastic
feel that is common with Remote Controls, this one has sort of a softer,
almost rubbery feel to the surface. Maybe that sounds odd - but I love
the nicer feel.

And I had great success getting it to work with my MythTV setup. The
input for me is the Hauppauge PVR-250 ir reciever. However, due to the
programmability of this Universal Remote, it would work well with any
receiver.

To me, this remote is about best balance I have ever seen between money
and flexibility/features.

--
Paul Joseph Thompson
captbunzo at squirrelmail.org