[mythtv-users] TV schedules that are a minute off

Jeff Monks mythtv at skunkeye.com
Wed Jan 14 13:34:36 EST 2004

I've noticed a very annoying tendency on some networks (NBC is pretty bad,
for example) to schedule their prime-time shows in the listings as
starting one minute earlier than the hour.  For example, instead of being
listed as being on from 9:00-10:00 pm, "Law & Order" might be listed as
8:59-10:00.

This is really irritating, because then Myth will not be able to record
anything that ends at 9:00, since the 8:59 show would be a conflict for
that overlapping minute.  My question is, is there a facility in Myth to
work around this (ignore the first minute of the 8:59 show, maybe)?  I was
planning on modifying mythfilldatabase to offer a flag that would
round the starting time up for these shows to the nearest "on-the-hour"
mark.  Has this already been solved, before I go re-inventing the wheel?