[mythtv-users] Suggestion for a NICE case if you are looking

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Wed Jan 14 10:25:50 EST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Tommy Nijem [mailto:tnijem at cronometric.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 9:35 PM
To: 'Discussion about mythtv'
Subject: [mythtv-users] Suggestion for a NICE case if you are looking

I have been in search of a nice looking case for my MythBox and I found one
I really like so I thought I would share.

I wanted a case that the Wife would like, that doesn't look out of place
among traditional home theater gear etc, that was less than 4in high, that
accepted micro-ATX or full ATX mobos, and FULL Height PCI cards.

I found this case from Silverstone Technologies and bought it.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/silverstone%20produt%20lc02.htm
<http://www.silverstonetek.com/silverstone%20produt%20lc02.htm>

It is pricey ($150 bucks from NewEgg.com) but it met all my other conditions
so I said "what the hell"

It uses PCI riser cards to accept full-height PCI cards and has the ability
to use 2 PCI cards on the risers OR 1 PCI and 1 AGP

**Also note that it requires the use of a slim optical drive. Which can be
found for around $55 US for Slim DVD ROM

Anyways,

Thought I'd share

If you have questions about the case let me know.

-Tommy

I'm guessing you're still waiting on the case to ship to you.  I'd be really
interested in hearing how it goes once you get it.  Now I'm torn between
this and that coolermaster 620 case I've been waiting on getting.

On that page above it says PCI x1, AGP x1.  How did you find out you can use
2 PCI on the risers?

Do you think the 220W p/s will be good enough for a pvr250, sblive, hdd and
slim dvd-r?

Thanks!

- Willy