[mythtv-users] nVidia tv-out quality improvement

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Wed Jan 14 10:21:24 EST 2004

Well I appear to have made some inroads into my nVidia MX440 tv-out
quality.. Having read a few of the postings I figured I'd have a go at
attempting to match my incoming tv-stream with my tv's resolution.

I figured I'd have a go at one of the DVB-t streams which comes in at
720x576 (widescreen) and thus I created a new 60Hz XFree86 mode..

ModeLine    "720x576" 32.7 720 744 816 912 576 577 580 597

I then re-configured mythfrontend to use the same resoution for its
interface and for the tv playback.

The playback just using plain-out XVideo was better than before but
still suffered from motion sickness. However the best was in the XV
NVIDIA mode where the image was spot on..

However since in the UK DVB-T channels can be broadcase in diffirent
resoutions this doesn't solve the problem for all of them.

Does anyone know if or how difficult it would be to plug in a xvidtune
(or equivilent) into the playback code so I can change the playback
resolution to match the feeds?

Regards
Simon

--
Have a place for everything and keep the thing somewhere else; this is
not advice, it is merely custom.