[mythtv-users] SPDIF audio stopped working

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 18:05:08 EST 2004

With the help of jcdutton on the alsa channel, I have figured out how to fix
my audio problem caused by ogle.

Basicaly this setting in the oglerc causes ALSA to lock the SPDIF out of PCM
audio. iec958:AES0=0x2,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2

as "AES0=0 means PCM mode, AES0=2 means non-audio, AES0=4 means copyright"

So if mythtv no longer outputs PCM audio out through your SPDIF just run
ogle with the following, and go back to mythtv, it should then start to
work:

"iec958:AES0=0x0,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2"   for PCM output

I'm emerging xine right now, hopefully it works better, or else I will have
to figure out a way of setting this back automaticaly after exiting
ogle..and don't like that idea.