[mythtv-users] XBox, Xebian, MythTV problems

Martin Ebner martinebner at gmx.at
Tue Jan 13 11:50:45 EST 2004

Hi,

anyone using Linux XBox and Xebian here?

I have the following problems:
1) autologin xdm
There is not very much helpfull information when i search google for xdm
autologin. I found a site where gdm is recommended for this issue.
Anybody solved this?

2) DVD remote
MythTV (or Linux) does not stop to repeat the button if i release it on
the remote. This means when i change a channel (by "channel up" command)
MythTV cycles through the channel until it crashes. I crashed my mysql
database the last time :-(

3) long boot time
Xebian takes a long time especially for USB sync on boot. Does anybody
know how to make it faster?

I would like to use my XBox instead of a digital sat receiver since i have
already a network cable in my living room but no place for another sat
cable :-)

Thanks
Martin