[mythtv-users] Recomendations for Gentoo USE and CFLAG

Tobias Luetke tobi at neech.de
Tue Jan 13 10:12:26 EST 2004

Sam Nickerson wrote:
> I am running my emerge system right now, and will be in need of a good
> set of CFLAGS and USE variables for a Mythtv box. I am running a P4 2.4
> and prefer Gnome. I have a Soundblaster 5.1 but want to use my PVR350
> for its TV and sound output. My video card is an Nvidia 4400TI. I have
> set up Gentoo before, but the added Myth and PVR350 requirements have me
> a bit off balance.
> Thanks,
> Sam

Just do the arch i686 thing, there is nothing gentoo specific you really
need to take care of.

There are ebuilds for everything floating around this list, however i
prefer to use cvs so i can easily go in the directory and cvs update
every couple of days.

I use plain 2.4.24 kernel from kernel.org, to compile ivtv you will have
to change its make file to use new I2C and you will have to copy in the
video*.h header from utils dir.

I use mythtv from cvs, ivtv from cvs and lirc from cvs. ( mythtvcvs
patched up with latest patches from david engel which work wonders )